Advantages and disadvantages of a POD Business
Of course, a POD business seems like a gold mine, yet that isn’t entirely true. There are
downsides and benefits you’ll need to consider before making a move.
Experts of a POD business
1. Low startup costs. Unlike conventional retailers, there’s no need to invest a large number of
dollars before you even beginning selling. $100 is enough to begin.
You can get your area name, a Shopify membership, and a nice theme for very little money.
What’s more, print on demand networks like Printify is free to use, so you can access the full
2. Fast to set up. These days, web design should be possible by anyone. There are themes,
guides, modules, and templates. You can have your store fully operational in no time.
To get it set up even faster, you can hire a remote freelance developer with specific experience
in designing e-commerce storefronts. This can save you a great deal when you consider the
time that you’ll spend getting it right.
3. No need for inventory space. Your supplier takes care of order fulfillment, while you can
concentrate on selling.
4. Easy to experiment with item designs. Evaluate new ideas with little to no hazard and make
5. Access to international markets. You can ship to wherever your print provider ships. Most
6. Sell YOUR unique designs. Whether you’re a visual designer or craftsman, or you hire one on
a freelance premise to create for you varying, a POD business presents a chance to develop
your very own unique image. That means the competition can’t duplicate you. This likewise
means repeat customers.
Cons of a POD business
1. You have to discover a partner with quality “spaces”. Since you have no power over the
generation process, you have to locate a dependable supplier who keeps up high creation and
order fulfillment gauges consistently.
Be careful because this affects your reputation and reviews. This is an area where you can
likewise hire a freelancer to help you research potential suppliers, establish relationships, and
keep track of value control.
2. Low entry barrier. Even on the off chance that you sell the coolest merchandise with the
best designs, despite everything, you need to develop your image and market your store well.
The competition can be fierce, so bring your A-game. In the event that this isn’t your solid suit,
get help from an expert freelance marketer. In the event that it is, hire a freelance remote
helper to help with the smaller details.
3. Order fulfillment + delivery time can take as long as two weeks. Average fulfillment can be
as low as 1-2 days, yet delays and mistakes can happen. This will cause frustrated customers
and potentially terrible reviews.
Customer support is key here. Once more, investigate enlisting freelance customer bolster
specialists who can help you cover the hours that you sleep or take over completely.
4. Finding a profitable niche and learning to recognize great designs can take time. Learning
the intricate details of the POD business takes time – time to discover reliable suppliers, time to
discover the most profitable designs, and time and effort to develop your online income
business. Outsource that, and take on an observing role.
5. Returns management can be precarious. Make sure that you adjust your return
arrangement to your suppliers. Get someone to keep an eye on things and report any issues to
you. Create SOPs for taking care of these so a freelancer can begin implementing without your
6. There may be some added expenses. In case you’re serious about your store, you should
spend more. Area registration, modules, payment gateway, and paid promotions cost extra.
However, they additionally give you a competitive advantage. In case you do this, and you’re
not sure what’s best, counsel, a freelance expert, then hire a few people who can show
improvement over you can.
As should be obvious, there are numerous interesting points before you decide to set up your
very own POD store. There’s still remarkably less hazard and hassle compared to opening a
regular e-commerce store. Be that as it may, you don’t need to make your decision right now.